IDÉ HOUSE OF BRANDS ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
IDÉ House of Brands recognizes that our business can have a negative impact on people, society and the environment. We have an environmental responsibility that goes beyond legal and regulatory requirements and considers sustainable business practices as a prerequiste for sustainable development.
This means that today's generations get their needs covered without destroying future generations' ability to have theirs covered.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continuously improving our environmental results, as an integral part of our business strategy and operating method. We encourage all our customers and suppliers to do the same.
CEO Nina Lauritzen is responsible for ensuring that environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the policy's goals are met.
IDÉ House of Brands will conduct due dilligence assessments for sustainable business practices. That is: make your own risk assessments of negative impact on people, society and the enviroment, and stop, prevent and reduce such impact. The measures are monitored and the effect of is assessed, and communicated to those affected. Where our activities cause or contribute to a negative impact on people, society ot the environment, we will stop the activity, and we will seek to repair the damage. Where the supplier is responsible for the negative impact/damage, the supplier is also responsible for recovery.
We try to:
- Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continuously improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continuously improve and reduce our negative environmental impact.
- Incorporate circular economy into our product development.
- Incorporate waste, recycling and upcycling into our product development.
- Increase employee awereness and provide necessary training.
- Increase the suppliers' awereness and provide the necessary training.
- Keep environmental accounts.
- We want to minimize the use of paper in the office.
- We want to reduce cardboard packaging as much as possible.
- We want to buy recycled paper products as much as possible.
- We will reuse and recycle cardboard and paper where possible.
- We want to minimize the use of plastic as packaging.
- We want to buy recycled and recyclable plastic products as much as possible.
- We want to dispose of plastic in the right way.
- We will deal with the ban on disposable plastic that will come into force on 3 July 2021.
Energy and water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lighting and electrical equipment is switched off when not in use.
- The heating will be adjusted with regard to energy consumption.
- Water and energy consumption for new products will be considered when purchasing.
- We will consider whether renting/sharing is an option before we buy equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favor more environmentally friendly and efficient products where possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are capable of.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Detergents used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used for refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed organizations to dispose of waste.
- We involve employees in the implementation of these guidelines for greater commitment and better performance.
- We update these guidelines once year in consultation with employees and other stakeholders, where necassary.
- We will provide employees with relevant training in sustainable business practices.
- We want to reduce the need to travel and limit it to necessary trips.
- We promote the use of travel options, such as email or teams/zoom og skype meetings.
- We will make further efforts to meet the needs of those who use public transport of bicycles.
- We favor hybrid or electric cars.
- We favor freight by train and sea freight. Air fright will only be used in emergencies.
- We offer durable products to our customers to prevent a caste society.
- We offer products that are a better environmental choice.
- We incorporate circular economy into our product development.
- We incorporate recycling and upcycling.
- We test our products to comply with regulatory requirements.
- We provide suppliers with relevant sustainable training.
- We require that our suppliers comply with all regulatory requirements.
- We will ask our suppliers to continuously improve and monitor their environmental performance.
- We motivate our suppliers to monitor their supply chains and their environmental performance.
- We motivate our suppliers to send us annual reports and to do an annual evaluation of their own supply chain's environmental performance.
Monitoring and improvement
- We will comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continuously improve and monitor our environmental footprint.
- We will continuously improve and reduce our environmental impact.
- We want to incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We want to increase the awereness of employees and suppliers through training.
- We will review these guidelines and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.